wow: amazing!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

not NICE weather. -- Global Warming!!!!!!!!!!!

I was walking out side again - yes again. And, you've guessed it. I do do that everyday. Anyway, even though I always welcome warm weather, I can't help but be apprehensive. Warm weather is not part of your average Minnesota February. We should have five feet of snow
*****and blizzards
*****mountains of snow by the sidewalk
*****microscopic ice crystals floating in the air that wait to stab us in the eyes
*****and absolutely NOOOOOOOO puddles (for sure) - yet they're here.

They've been using that El Nino/LA Nina weather anomally excuse for what? Five Years now? I didn't think those were supposed to become a yearly thing. - Correct me if I'm wrong. I think, I think it's actually el/la global warming causing the problem.

It's kind of scarry, how the whole student body walks around, comments on the nice weather, as they're on their way to the food court, where all they'll buy food wrapped in paper and plastic, drink out of styrofoam cups, and eat with plastic utensils. Then they'll all walk outside to their cars - and comment on how "fresh" the "spring-like" air is. It'd be laughable if it weren't true.

5 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Whatever is causing the warm weather, I am enjoying it....

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Jes said...

Very good observance. I've thought about that as well. Did you know that the Starbucks cups are recyclable? I have been taking one of those when I get water isntead of the styrofome. It kind of sucks because one person can't really make a difference, but that one person can try.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger snapdragon said...

Sharon - I can't say I hate the warm weather either.

jes - Thanks for your thoughts. I did not know they're recylable. I'll use those for water too from now on.
The last of what you said is true, but yeah - it does suck.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Dr Kuha said...

I use the ceramic plates and plastic cups...because they get warshed. Plus...um... I think it would be nice if my children (if there ever are any) get to experience the awesome brutality of a northern minnesota winter. They deserve it, the ungrateful brats.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger snapdragon said...

Dr. Kuha,
Good for you!....using ceramic. Yeah!!!
But, are you sure a hard winter would JUST toughen up your kids? As I recall, from my own childhood, brutal winters with seven ft. snow hills were quite enlightening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home