wow: amazing!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In Green Tea - caffeine is o.k.

IT's long been known that too much caffeine is bad for you. Thus, most people avoid drinking a full pot of coffee a day. (I'd guess a cup or two is normal.) Caffeine in excess is not the healthiest thing for you, yet Green tea is said to be VERY healthy, and many Japanese people drink quite a lot of it!

But wait - correct me if I'm mistaken, but green tea has caffeine too!!! Yet, I read on a website that the caffeine in green tea isn't bad for you. Apparently green tea has some quality that makes it block the usual negative effects caused by caffeine in coffee.

Many Americans think green tea is disgusting, but that's perhaps because they've tried only commercially produced prepackaged Lipton tea packets. Lipton is alright, but some people are more picky than me. For them, I suggest buying the actual authentic tea leaves themselves, in a specialized store. The real thing DOES taste different, and quite better.

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Michael said...

As someone who drinks loose leaf tea all the time I can tell you that you're right. Most people are ignorant about tea. For my 2 cents: Green tea has less caffeine than Black tea, which has considerably less caffeine than coffee, so a whole pot of green tea is like a cup of coffee. I bet you really never wanted to know that though.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger snapdragon said...

Wow, that's amazing. You could drink it all day long!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Dr Kuha said...

I just bought a french press. It makes the most wonderful coffee and is also perfect for making loose leaf tea as well. In fact, I think it might be the most perfect invention in the world

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger snapdragon said...

yes - you make it sound like a cool machine. You could go intothe business of advertising for the machine.

Ah - i don't have one - but use my coffee maker to heat water for tea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home